I’m fast realizing that in this industry, a lot of the appeal is not just from the book, but from the Author. So – here I will lay a few bits down about myself, and that will be all reference things “non literary” enjoy! (or be bored and ignore this post ha!”
- When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? I’ve written since a very young age, I’m a very creative person, and I think this is because a lot of the time I am very emotionally numb. I was diagnosed with bipolar at 14 years old (it was a long time ago trust me.) and as I have grown older, I’ve realized how socially awkward I am, and how to express myself has always been a struggle for me. Writing comes easily, and has been better than any therapy I have tried.
- How long does it take you to write a book? So far, I have written one book, and its been in progress for around 3 years. I’ve only been seriously pursuing this for around a year though, as I finished it and let a few people read it and they said it was good. So – hopefully they were not just fluffing my ego!
- What is your work schedule like when you’re writing? I only work part time, again, I’m lucky in that sense so I have enough time to have a really healthy balance with writing and my actual real job – which is so boring! But again, its not stressful, and work to me isn’t important – my staying sane is the priority.
- What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? Errrrr – this is tough. I think, I am good at weird. I would say I can get boring situations interesting fast, and I have a lot of attention to detail and research. I want my book to be believable (even though its set in the future, in deep space, with aliens.)
- Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? I watch shows like Ancient Aliens, read a lot of books on physics and space, I’ve visited Cape Canaveral in Florida and enjoy reading lots of conspiracy theory books.
- What do you like to do when you’re not writing? Spending time with my Grandma, my house cat. I enjoy cooking and exploring/traveling. I paint and draw occasionally but at the minute I’m focused on writing. Well – Editing!
- What does your family think of your writing? They have no idea. One person in my family knows, but I have chosen to stay anonymous, I feel like saying it out loud, and failing – is worse than failing alone. I can cope with only letting myself down if this book is a massive flop.
- What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? That despite the known trait of bipolar people being unable to finish or see anything through to the end, I can start something and see it through to completion, because yes – I have written a book!
- Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they? My advice is anyone can be a writer, you don’t have to be creative – you just need a few minutes of inspiration and the time to sit and start typing. It’s addictive if you ask me, when someone realizes that you can have all the control, and make anything – anything at all happen in writing, its then you realize the freedom that is right within your own capabilities.
- As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up? Be an archaeologist or study Egyptology.
Well that’s it – hope I haven’t bored you to death, not long now until the release of Chapter 1, and again, I would really appreciate it if you could share and ask your friends to subscribe to my blog.